Diane Cleaver from the Deerfield,
Illinois dojo has attended several spring special trainings here in Kansas City.
As she left the March, 2002 training, Diane was muttering something about
remembering to bring a bathrobe next time, and it turned out that she maintains
a list of necessary items for the KC training... She was kind enough to
send us her list -- John Jakacki suggested some of the items as well.
Items marked in COLOR are not necessary for
Summer Special Training.
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping mat or airbed (I think the airbed's a better idea, even a cheap
one...it's much more compact to travel with than bulky mats. Eddie Bauer makes
one for $50 that self inflates in about 5 seconds with four D batteries)
- Gi. You need one, minimum. Three in rotation is ideal (to keep dry).
- Change of underwear for each practice (8 at least)
- Sweats/Lounging Pants
- Fabreeze - spray on your gi and, for women, your exercise top after each
practice to keep odors away
- Drying Rack - not a necessity, but it's nice when you're vying for space
to hang your gi
- First Aid Items Gauze/Tape/Scissors/Band-Aids/Alcohol wipes or other
disinfectant to sterilize wounds
- BenGay or other sports cream for muscle aches or cramps
- Advil or Aleve for muscle aches or cramps
- Nail Clippers
- Cooler for drinks and any perishable food
- Travel alarm clock or alarm watch
- Book or CD player or radio w/ headphones. Optional...helps you rest
Hope you find the list useful.